- Clean plain white t-shirt (no logos).
- Clean plain black pants (no logos).
- Black Kung Fu slippers with non-marking soles − no black rubber or brown plastic soles permitted because they mark the floor. Black or white Feiyue shoes of original model and colours are also acceptable.
- For safety reasons, all jewelry must be removed during class.
- Fingernails clipped − to avoid injuring your training partners, your fingernails must be clipped as short as possible every 3 days. If you can still see a free edge, they are not short enough. Students have the right to refuse to train with anyone who has not cut their nails short enough.
- Proper hygiene is expected of everyone − this means your person, whatever you wear, and whatever you bring into the building must be clean and free of any unpleasant odours (including clothes, socks, towel, shoes, boots, jacket, etc).
Basic Rules of Etiquette
- Enter the Gwoon with a spirit of humility, respect, and cooperation.
- "Empty your cup" so as to be open to receiving new ideas and concepts.
- Bring the proper training attire.
- Arrive on time. Late protocol: do 30 push-ups, then practice your forms diligently on your own until Sifu instructs you to do otherwise. If you are unable to do 30 push-ups, simply arrive on time.
- Put your cellphone on silent. No ringing. No vibrating.
- To show respect toward our space, we salute before entering and before leaving the training floor, i.e. when arriving, when going to the washroom and back, and when leaving.
- Say hi to people when you arrive.
- Salute each other before and after partnering up.
- Avoid coming to class if you have a cold or any form of contagious disease (warts, flu, gastroenteritis, etc). Consult your doctor, rest, and get well before returning to class.
- Pay your fees on time.
*** Note that any student (new or old) who does not abide by these rules may be asked to leave at any moment.